Revit MEP Suite is our main tool for creating a BIM Model. Our Revit MEP/BIM services are as follows:
Revit MEP/BIM Integration Process
- Produce drawings created using AutoCAD or Revit MEP Suite that can be shared with the Architectural or Construction team for collision testing and project review.
- Input existing building into AutoCAD from field observations. We can then convert this information into CAD format so that it can easily be modified or updated.
- With the advancement of 3D CAD (AutoCAD and Revit MEP) create a virtual model of building systems to resolve conflicts and problems prior to construction.
- Incorporate MEP/FP and run collision testing prior to starting construction to improve coordination and reduce costly change orders during construction.
- Provide scanning, up to 40” wide if necessary, to produce a raster format for archiving old print drawings. Conversion into a CAD format is also available using AutoCAD or Revit MEP Suite.
Our approach is as follows:
- Vital role in creating BIM Execution Plan at the project inception
- In house quality control department periodically audits BIM model for the strict adherence to the execution plan
- Participation in weekly BIM meeting with architects and other disciplines i.e. structural
- Worked in real time keeping all the discipline models on to minimize the conflicts
- Used in built inference check feature to detect clashes and resolved them
- Utilized certain features of the BIM software to size various systems
- Utilized external software “Navisworks” to detect clashes for the project required tolerance limits.
- Obtained BIM families from most of the manufacturer so that model is accurate.
- Created BIM families for certain products
- Eased off the lengthy coordination process
- Made changes for the different approach by the contractor
- Utilized BIM for equipment counts
- Restrained contractor not to deviate from already coordination plans
Lakhani & Jordan has utilized the Revit MEP/BIM program for the following projects: